The creation of individual care plans for each resident is the most important document that we prepare.
The care plan is fundamental to the person centred care that we deliver. It tells the staff everything they need to know about each of our residents.
At a very early stage of a resident joining us one our senior staff will carry out an initial assessment on the person's needs to ensure the home will provide the service that person requires. The document contains every relevant piece of information that we can gather from the resident, their family and friends and their healthcare and associated professionals.
It exists to make our residents life as well cared for, stress free and enjoyable as possible.
All our carers read the care plans regularly. This ensures that they are familiar with any changes to the care of the resident and that it is updated to reflect the ongoing needs of the person concerned. It is essential that these requirements are understood by the whole team.
Our Head Domestic and our Chef also have access to the care plans to make sure any allergies and food requirements are known and to make sure that the residents food is cooked to their liking.
Care Plan Cover
- Personal details. This includes family doctor and other professionals and provides a personal history.
- Personal care and Physical Wellbeing.
- Diet weight and dietary preferences.
- Sight hearing and communication.
- Oral health.
- Foot care.
- Mobility and dexterity.
- History of falls.
- Medication usage.
- Mental state and cognition.
- Social interests hobbies and cultural needs.
- Personal safety risks.
- Carer and family involvement and other social contacts.
- Daily communication.